Monday, December 12, 2011

Is there a way to suspend your email account?

I have a secondary gmail account that I've been using for years. Within, the past year its been utterly bombarded with spam in which I receive more than 40 a day.





Is there a way to temporarily suspect my account? I'm aware that spam gets forwarded to my spam folder, but I don't like having to spend 5 minutes every week clearing out 500+ spam emails.





Any help, suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!|||Step


1 Go online and point your browser to your Gmail account. Log in to your Gmail account.





Step


2Click on the "Settings" button found near the top of any page of your Gmail account.





Step


3 View the tabs in your settings and choose the "Accounts" tab. Click on this tab.





Step


4 Look over the choices. Choose "Google Account Settings" which is fourth on the list of choices.





Step


5 See a pop-up box. The left-hand side will say "Personal Information" and the right-hand side will say "My Services." Next to "My Services," is an "Edit" button, and this is the button to click on now.





Step


6"Delete a Service" and "Close Account" are the two options on this page. If you just want to delete Gmail, choose "Delete Gmail Service." Answer the questions on the next page and delete your Gmail account.





Step


7 Choose "Close Account" if you want to delete both Gmail and the rest of your Google account. Both options will delete your Gmail account, but if you choose "Delete Gmail Service," this option will only delete your Gmail account.|||The possible and better way is to delete your account and open another. Your correspondents? Ok, send them an email, one is enough to all sending them your new address before deleting. But one problem can occur: If your computer is infected with viruses, maybe spies can grasp your new email and the situation may remain the same with your new address (I'm joking, that isn't easily possible). So do that, but I don't see another possibility.|||If the spam is in the spam folder, just ignore it. It will be deleted automatically after a certain amount of time has passed.|||I think there is...but I don't know it.|||is it so hard just to forget it? Or give it to your friend etc.|||Select all and delete

No comments:

Post a Comment