Thursday, December 8, 2011

Does Yahoo Answers suspend your account if your country is listed in Iran when you sign up for the email?

My previous account was suspended when I had never received any violations. When I had signed up for the Yahoo email address associated with the account I had listed my country as Iran. Do you think it was suspended because Yahoo has some sort of agreement not to allow Iranians on because of the government restrictions? I am not physically in Iran currently and my new email is updated do you think it will be all right now?|||I doubt that very much (too). As far as I know Y!A doesn't suspend people based on their country of origin. If that was the case then they probably wouldn't allow those citizens to start an account in the first place.



You mention a new email being used; perhaps your whole Yahoo account was deleted from lack of use? About about three months of not logging in that can happen. Other than that if you were suspended then Yahoo should have sent a Suspension Notice to the email address you originally signed up with. Even if you had never received a violation before, one violation if severe enough could cause an account deletion.|||I doubt that very much. YAHOO has no agreement with IRAN to mess with users accounts. But that would not stop the Iranian authorities from messing with it.|||Maybe .sounds suspicious what they did|||I'm from Iran and i hate this whole situation! i wish it would just end and people can stop their prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment