Thursday, December 8, 2011

Does Yahoo ever suspend your account based on crap?

They suspended my account based on a question about a video game that contained nothing illegal or offensive or even remotely against their policies. I appealed and they sent me two emails. One saying my account was now deactivated and another saying they were wrong and it was active again. WTF?|||Yahoo usually suspends my accounts because I'm drunk and answer in a totally inappropriate manner.|||its not really about what you post, its just if several people flag your post they suspend it. And if its wrongfully suspended you can appeal it and they'll review it themselves and if its all good they'll re-activate it.|||You were lucky as suspensions normally means deletion and it show you the appeal system works.





Sometimes it is hard to understand the rules and many users think they aren't doing things wrong when they are breaking them|||At leastyou kept it. My original account was suspended at 34,000 points level 7 for referring an asker to a bittorent site, that was considered a violation.

No comments:

Post a Comment